We have developed units of work in each of the Australian Curriculum year levels focusing on rail safety. Our teacher resources are aligned to the Learning Areas of English, The Arts, and Health and Physical Education (HPE). They all have a personal, social and community health theme focusing on rail safety, with an emphasis on the following General Capabilities:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Ethical Understanding
How to use the TrackSAFE Education materials
- Choose your year/stage level and Learning Area
- Read the Teacher Notes, and choose lessons and activities based on available time and students’ abilities and interests. They are designed to pick ‘n’ mix.
- Involve families, community (e.g. book an incursion) and students in the learning process
- Do our quick assessments, and remember to take photos! Share it all with us, along with your feedback. We’ll send you great giveaways to say thanks.
Detailed instructions are available in the Teacher Notes and here. Should you need any guidance with using any component of the unit of work or rail safety learning process, please read the FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.