Download your free classroom posters
Students can develop their knowledge of persuasive text and explore their ability to influence the behaviour and attitudes of others by creating their own positive rail safety messages using our classroom posters.
You can download your own copy of these printable classroom posters free of charge – simply click on the poster image. The posters are available in three types: freight train, passenger train, and tram, to allow you to choose the type of rail safety messages most relevant to your students.
The posters are designed to help reinforce the messages students learn while participating in our TrackSAFE Education lessons, so they can continue to learn throughout the school year.
You can download our Train and Tram Poster Lesson Ideas, complete with curriculum links to assist you with planning, assessment and reporting. Students could:
- Ask your local station, tram company or council if they can display their safety messages as a positive school/community partnership
- Brainstorm ideas about train and tram safety for an upcoming school excursion or holiday
- Create, rehearse and perform a drama, song or movement performance, advertisement or new story using the safety tips the class has created
- Interview their parents or carers and ask them what their top safety tip for students is, and conduct a class debate to argue this point
- Create a survey about the effectiveness of their messages
- Conduct an experiment to measure stopping distances of different types of trains and trams